The New Year is always a great time to reset and refresh! What’s high on your priority list for 2022? We encourage you to include your oral health in your overall health goals! Try making some easy to stick to resolutions for your oral health & your smile!
1. Floss,floss,floss! Flossing may not be fun… BUT…don’t skip it! If food debris and bacteria build up between your teeth, it can lead to cavities, gingivitis, and gum disease. Flossing is a very important step to a healthy smile.
2. Quit Smoking! This is a good all-around resolution, as smoking affects your overall health, not just your dental health! The new year is a great time to try to kick this bad habit. Smoking, while being bad for you in many ways, affects your dental health specifically by staining and discolouring your teeth, and increasing the risk of gum disease and tooth decay.
3. Visit The Dentist regularly! Routine, regular dental care often falls by the wayside especially in these times. Commit to regular dental visits, and if have you been avoiding the dentist all together, commit to scheduling an appointment right away! If there are any potential problems with your teeth, it’s best to catch them early by visiting the dentist regularly. Small problems left untreated, often lead to larger more extensive dental treatment.
4. Get A New Toothbrush! Did you know you should replace your toothbrush every three months? It’s easy to forget, but very important to regularly replace your toothbrush. Over time, the bristles get worn down and your toothbrush will become less effective. If that’s not reason enough, using the same toothbrush for too long can result in bacteria build up.
5. Get the smile you want & deserve! Have you been wanting to whiten and brighten your teeth, replace a missing tooth or teeth, fix a broken or chipped tooth? Ask the Maple Mews Team how we can help make this happen for you in 2022!
Make your oral health & your smile a priority! Although it may be hard at first, resolving to take better care of your oral health & your smile can be a rewarding 2022 resolution! We look forward to seeing you & your smiles in 2022!